ENZYMES

Digestive enzymes

Digestive Enzymes belongto a large class of enzymes known as hydrolases, which are secreted along the gastrointestinal tract to breakdown the food into nutrients and waste. This allows nutrients to be absorbed into the blood stream and the waste to be discarded. Human digestive enzymes include ptyalin, pepsin, trypsin, lipase, protease, and amylase. The body does not make cellulase, an enzyme necessary for proper digestion of fiber, so it must be introduced through the raw foods we eat.

Enzymes for digestion essentially come from two sources: internally from our own digestive organs (digestive enzymes) and externally from the food we eat (food enzymes).

Food Enzymes are introduced to the body through the raw foods we eat and through consumption of supplemental enzyme fortifiers. Raw foods naturally contain enzymes providing a source of digestive enzymes when ingested (4). However, raw food manifests only enough enzymes to digest that particular food, not enough to be stored in the body for later use. The cooking and processing of food destroys all of its enzymes, placing the entire burden for digestion on the body. Such continuous stress on an organ or system of the body will eventually result in diminished functioning of that organ or system. Enzymes taken with meals for digestion saves your energy. The fact is that 80% of all energy we will use in our entire lifetime will be spent on the digestion process. This leaves mere 20% to handle all other processes of the body. Enzyme supplementation help get back even a small percentage of that energy to assist in immune function, endocrine function or cardiovascular function.

In order to accomplish this goal, the right enzyme supplements must be used. Over half of digestive enzymes used in supplements come from fungi and yeast, over a third from bacteria. About 8% are from animal sources and 4% from plant sources (3/5).

Banner Natenzym DBanner Natenzym-A